We are looking for an individual who has both an ability to excel and an excellence of character. Our culture is innovative and fast paced and this position will be the perfect fit for an individual who is intellectually curious, self-motivated and a collaborative team member.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deep knowledge of Accident and Health business
- Ability to drive the understanding of portfolio management and profitability throughout organization. Recommend and implement actions as necessary.
- Understand & guide impact analysis regarding benefit and provider reimbursement changes, cost containment programs, etc. on medical cost and trends.
- Analyze external and internal data sources to develop proprietary pricing factors and models
- Direct and help develop quantitative, diagnostic tools to be used by underwriters in pricing individual risks and managing a portfolio of business.
- Research new pricing techniques and enhance existing methods
- Ability to work with IT to ensure proper system and data requirements are achieved
- Assesses financial impact of compliance changes and other factors
- Provide support for rate changes and adjustments in various markets.
- Responsible to build underwriting guidelines, perform form reviews, manage aggregates, handle referrals, and serve as a lead in training a global underwriting platform.
- Responsible to provide the overall underwriting authority for the extended team.
- Work with Actuarial team to manage and monitor portfolio results
- 10+ years A & H underwriting experience
- Experience in a lead underwriting role for A & H, Medical Stop Loss and or Travel products.
- Extensive interaction with actuarial, underwriting, claims and IT functions
- International experience preferred
- Management experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A & H actuarial experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Experience in developing underwriting guidelines and workflows
- University degree or equivalent
- Strong underwriting acumen
- Ability to work within a Team Environment
- Must be entrepreneurial; experience building a new business/portfolio a plus
- Travel required
- Strong communication skills including advanced negotiation, communications and presentation experience
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization