Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance is seeking multiple talented new team members ranging from Actuarial Assistant to Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our fast-growing Actuarial team. We are seeking individuals who have both an ability to excel and an excellence of character. Our culture is innovative and fast paced and this position will be the perfect fit for individuals who are intellectually curious, self-motivated and collaborative team-members.
BHSI’s startup culture offers the unique opportunity to build several products, processes, tools, systems and reporting from the ground up. This position will work closely with UW executives and managers to create the rating component of new products and develop meaningful reporting metrics to assist in the achievement of pricing and business mix goals. In addition, this position will work directly with IT to oversee the preparation of rating system specifications and will be heavily involved with the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure the system implementations are compliant with our filings.
Ownership and Development of:
• Rating algorithms, rates, and rating plans of new products including preparation of supporting exhibits and addressing DOI objections to secure timely approvals
• Compliant Excel rating tools for new/existing products and working with IT to ensure proper system and data requirements are achieved
• Profitability metrics and reporting including but not limited to rate indications and profitability monitoring reports that proactively monitor the business
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field
• Completion of at least 2 Actuarial Exams
• 3+ years of experience in an actuarial role preferred but not required
• Experience with rate filings / product development is preferred
• Thorough ISO/AAIS product knowledge (Commercial Property, Commercial Auto, GL, Inland Marine, Crime, etc.) is preferred
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.