The individual in this role will support the buildout and continual enhancement of global pricing models across different lines of business. Additionally, this individual will help develop innovative pricing methodologies for new products and geographies as BHSI continues its global expansion, as well as develop analyses based on the information collected in our models to better inform management decisions. A candidate who possesses strong technical skills, a passion for teamwork and collaboration, and a desire for continuous improvement will be successful in this role. A variety of different experience levels will be considered, with responsibilities varying based on prior experience and capabilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Integrate standalone pricing models for different regions and countries into well-designed consolidated global models
- Coordinate with actuaries and underwriters around the world and perform analyses to develop consistent and robust pricing methodologies
- Create processes to allow for reliable calculation of the impact of changes in pricing assumptions and restate prior premiums based on current methods
- Collaborate with other departments (underwriting, IT, claims) in the development and integration of actuarial and corporate systems as they evolve with the company
- Provide technical support to other actuaries and underwriters, as needed
- Collaborate with offshore resources to improve business processes and increase efficiency
- Provide insights into the company’s business using the combination of tools needed to best complete each task (e.g. SQL queries, Excel)
- FCAS, ACAS, or demonstrated progress toward the FCAS designation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field
- 2+ years of actuarial or insurance experience
- Strong Excel, VBA, and SQL skills, with desire for continuous improvement. Knowledge of R a plus.
- Experience building insurance pricing models
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong desire to learn from and share knowledge with teammates
- Effective time management, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Flexibility- eagerness to take on projects as needed outside of listed duties and traditional actuarial work to achieve company goals
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.