Who are we?
A strong, trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers around the globe. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals with excellent capabilities and character. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company has an exciting opportunity for an Admitted Casualty Underwriter in their Atlanta office.
We are seeking a well-rounded primary casualty underwriter capable of handling both GL and Auto within our new admitted platform. Underwriter will have the opportunity to grow with and help shape our entry into the admitted casualty space.
Candidates must be diligent, creative and comfortable in a rapidly growing and changing environment with the ability to work independently and collaborate with all levels and all disciplines.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Develop and grow an admitted book of business which includes primary GL, Auto and umbrella.
- Work closely with other functional areas, including our joint marketing partners at Berkshire Hathaway Home States.
- Establish, develop, and expand retail broker and customer relationships.
- Help direct the future of the operation in the areas of distribution, process, underwriting & appetite.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and make quick decisions while maintaining underwriting integrity.
- 5+ years of primary admitted underwriting experience, with emphasis on primary admitted auto.
- Strong underwriting acumen
- Strong communication skills including experience in negotiation, communications and presentations
- Existing broker & customer relationships in Region
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
- A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization