A strong, trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers around the globe. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals with excellent capabilities and character. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an immediate opening for an Associate Business Analyst to join our Information Technology Claims team in Boston, MA. The Associate Business Analyst will be accountable for understanding the business requirements, system processing implications and data needs of our organization. The role will partner with both Business leaders and IT resources to translate business needs into system requirements and technical specifications. BHSI utilizes Duck Creek and OnBase as platforms for both the Underwriting and Claim functions. The scope of business products ranges from ISO/Admitted products to our Global Specialty Insurance products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Solicit requirements using video & in person interviews, documentation analysis, requirements and workshops
• Develop business requirement documentation, use cases, mock screen designs and workflow diagrams
• Able to understand insurance claim operational functions from tactical and strategic levels
• Organize information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and present information in a manner that business customers can review and approve
• Engage in product requirements and design for solutions beyond claims administration to include broker portals, automated workflow, and document management
• Coordinate efforts to gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Become proficient in the operation and configuration of the Duck Creek platform
• Engage in the development and execution of testing plans, document and triage issues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• 1-year experience in a Business Analyst role or demonstrate advanced use of excel, SQL or other data manipulation software.
• 1-year experience in a Claim Adjuster role or have enrollment in insurance related designation program such as AIC, SCLA, FCLA, ARM or CPCU.
• Experience working on Duck Creek Claims Administration vendor package preferred but not required
• Experience working on Hyland’s OnBase suite of products preferred but not required.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of applications
• Quick learner with ability to adapt to changing environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts and vendor resources around the globe
• Hands on style with strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail
• Strong customer service orientation
• College degree required
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
• A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization