Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an immediate opening for an Associate Business Systems Analyst to join our Information Technology Claims team in Boston, MA. The Associate Business Systems Analyst will be accountable for understanding the business requirements, system processing implications and data needs of our organization. The role will partner with both Business leaders and IT resources to translate business needs into system requirements and technical specifications. BHSI utilizes Duck Creek and OnBase as platforms for both the Underwriting and Claim functions. The scope of business products ranges from ISO/Admitted products to our Global Specialty Insurance products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Solicit requirements using interviews, documentation analysis, requirements and workshops
• Develop business requirement documentation, use cases, mock screen designs and workflow diagrams
• Organize information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and present information in a manner that business customers can review and approve
• Engage in product requirements and design for solutions beyond claims administration to include broker portals, automated workflow, and document management
• Coordinate efforts to gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Become proficient in the operation and configuration of the Duck Creek platform
• Engage in the development and execution of testing plans, document and triage issues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• 1-year experience in a Business Systems Analyst Role supporting systems development or packaged software implementation efforts
• Experience working on Duck Creek Claims Administration vendor package preferred but not required
• Experience working on Hyland’s OnBase suite of products preferred but not required.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of applications
• Quick learner with ability to adapt to changing environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts and vendor resources
• Hands on style with strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail
• Strong customer service orientation
• College degree required
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.