Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages combined with outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate can contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berxi (www.berxi.com) is a fast-growing ‘start-up’ business unit within Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI). We are on a mission to build a modern, customer-focused, and entirely digital platform to help small businesses buy and manage their insurance smarter and faster, saving them time and money along the way.
Through a variety of sales tactics, including phone and email, the Business Development Manager, Outbound Sales will support the growth of Berxi’s customer segments and insurance products across the entire platform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In the role, you will be provided with qualified leads and opportunities to pursue from various sources (both internal and external).
- When calling on those leads and opportunities, you will be aiming to build rapport quickly and speak to the insurance ‘decision maker’ (often the business owner, or someone who works closely with the business owner to manage the company’s insurance needs) through a consultative sales approach.
- You will be expected to understand and articulate Berxi’s (and BHSI’s) brand, value-proposition, and key differentiators to all interested parties.
- You will be empowered with appropriate sales and marketing collateral, as well as cloud-based productivity tools, that will allow you to provide relevant and timely information to customers as you learn more about their business insurance wants and needs.
- Given the role is focused on helping us find and acquire new customers, the goal from your conversations will be to ultimately have a prospective customer complete an application that could lead to a policy being purchased (i.e., a ‘bound’ policy).
- You will be working within an entirely digital, cloud-based system – which is effectively the same experience that any potential customers you’re engaging would also be interacting with directly if they chose to do so.
- You are expected to engage in 5-10 meaningful transactional conversations per day.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 0-3 years of experience in a sales or business development role.
- Passion for leveraging technology to deliver a better insurance experience to customers.
- Problem solver who is an advocate for our customers and the Berxi brand.
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating with some ambiguity in their day-to-day, as there’s lot of work to be done and limited resources to do it.
- Excitement around living the ups and downs that come with working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Positive attitude and willingness to receive, and incorporate, feedback.
- Comfort interacting with teammates including senior management.
- An active Property & Casualty License in at least one state is preferred; without one, a candidate will be expected to have a willingness to study and pass all exams toward earning an active Property & Casualty License (fully supported by BHSI).
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action-oriented, and thoughtful work environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.