Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for an individual with 3-5 years of insurance experience & data warehousing skills to join our growing data team as a Business Intelligence Engineer. This individual will assist with the strategy and associated implementation of the global data warehouse as we are in the initial stages of defining and implementing long-term analytics and reporting platform strategy.
The Business Intelligence Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, monitoring and extending the data warehouse and analytics architecture to meet BHSI’s reporting needs. The design and development focus includes, but is not limited to: dimensional data model design, Extraction Transformation Layer (ETL) frameworks and processing, metadata management, operational data integration, master data definition and data quality, data auditing and profiling, and business intelligence reporting solutions.
The new team member will partner with data architects and various business partners to map the technical vision for applications in the Enterprise Data Warehouse employing SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and SQL server. Additionally, they will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, modifying, and creating ETLs, utilizing SSIS, testing, debugging, integration and implementation processes. Responsibilities also include documenting technical needs for ETL processes and databases, and ensuring optimal technical infrastructure is utilized.
• Collaborate with multiple business teams to review and prioritize deliverables.
• Translate and communicate technical requirements into well designed solutions that meet the business and technical goals defined by business stakeholders.
• Design, develop and optimize enterprise level reporting, OLAP and other business intelligence solutions, and cross train others in the use of the tools.
• Debug and troubleshoot data quality problems using SQL tools.
• Develop test plans and test scripts to ensure alignment with business objectives and overall BHSI testing strategy.
• Coordinate upgrades and rollouts of moderate scope including specific duties related to training and monitoring performance.
• Coordinate interdepartmental activities and assist in problem resolution to ensure that BHSI meets internal and external customer requirements.
• Extensive experience in data warehouse reporting and ETL tools.
• Experience in handling technology projects/programs in Insurance Domain.
• Experience with P&C Solutions such as Duck Creek, Guidewire or similar.
• Experience with managing on shore/off shore teams.
• 3-5 years of P&C insurance experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience using SQL Server 2012 or higher preferred.
• Experience with SSRS, Power BI, and other visualization tools.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills with ability to work across business areas.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express business concepts in technical terms, and complex technical solutions in business terms.
• Passionate and professional demeanor that supports a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
• Ability to articulate basic project methodology concepts using either SDLC or Agile.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.