Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst to join its Information Technology team in Boston, MA. We are looking for an IT professional with deep skills and experience in the Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance industry.
The Business Systems Analyst is accountable for understanding the business requirements, system processing implications and data needs for a major segment of our organization. The role will partner with both Business leaders and IT resources to translate business needs into system requirements and technical specifications. The technical platform strategy is to leverage the Duck Creek for Insurance package rather than building a custom solution. Along with the business analysis function, the role will have accountability for becoming an expert in the operation, configuration and testing of the Duck Creek product.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Solicit requirements using interviews, documentation analysis, requirements and workshops.
• Develop business requirement documentation, use cases, mock screen designs and workflow diagrams.
• Organize information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and present information in a manner that business customers can review and approve.
• Coordinate efforts to gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Become an expert in the detailed operation and configuration of the software package selected.
• Engage in reviewing and discussing product configuration within the Duck Creek took kits.
• Engage in the development and execution of testing plans, document and triage issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Strong business background in Commercial P&C Insurance Underwriting functions.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Business Systems Analyst Role supporting complex systems development or packaged software implementation efforts.
• Prefer prior experience working on Duck Creek, Guidewire, Insurity, OneShield, Cover-All or other P&C Policy Administration or Claims vendor packages.
• Advanced skills in Word, Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables) and Visio (e.g. flow diagrams)
• Quick learner with ability to adapt to changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts and vendor resources.
• Hands on style with strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail.
• College degree preferred.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.