Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an immediate opening for a Business Systems Analyst to join its Information Technology team in Boston, MA. BHSI is leveraging the Duck Creek for Insurance Suite of products to support underwriting and claims. We are looking for a senior level IT professional with deep Claims skills and experience within the Specialty Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance industry.
The Business Systems Analyst is accountable for understanding the business requirements, system processing implications and data needs of a major part of our organization. The role will partner with both Business leaders and IT resources to translate business needs into system requirements and specifications that technical teams can understand. The technical platform strategy is to leverage our leading vendor package rather than building custom solutions. Along with the business analysis function the candidate will have accountability for becoming an expert in the operation and configuration of our Duck Creek Claims platform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Solicit requirements from our business partners using documentation analysis, existing system functionality walkthroughs, and system demo/workshops.
• Understand and support the existing system configuration and design.
• Develop business requirement documentation, use cases, mock screen designs and workflow diagrams.
• Organize information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and present information in a manner that business customers can review and approve.
• Coordinate efforts to gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Become an expert in the detailed operation and configuration of the software package selected.
• Engage in product configuration activities using the appropriate vendor tools.
• Engage in the development and execution of testing plans, document and triage issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Strong business background in Commercial P&C Insurance specifically in Claims.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in a Business Systems Analyst Role supporting complex systems development or packaged software implementation efforts.
• Competence in working with relational databases, XML files, data analysis and SQL scripting.
• Prior experience working on Duck Creek, Guidewire, or other P&C Claims vendor package is a plus.
• Advanced skills in Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables) and Visio (e.g. flow diagrams)
• Quick learner with ability to adapt to changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts and vendor resources.
• Hands on style with strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• College degree preferred.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP