Day-to-Day responsibilities include managing a renewal book as well as expand and develop new business opportunities through production & marketing calls with brokers and clients, market to distribution channels, prequalify new business, and utilize underwriting acumen to select sound casualty risks and form opinion of risk.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and grow the Casualty book of business which includes primary, umbrella, and excess liability for various classes (e.g. General Casualty, Energy, Transportation, Products…etc.)
- Maintain a profitable renewal book
- Establish, develop, and expand broker and customer relationships in the Central Region with focus on Texas and Oklahoma.
- Travel up to 20% of the time
- Work closely with loss control, claims, and legal teams to evaluate risk and provide solutions to customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task, and make quick decisions while maintaining underwriting integrity
- 5+ years of casualty underwriting experience
- Both E&S and national account umbrella/excess preferred
- Existing broker and customer relationships
- Strong communication skills including advanced negotiation and presentation experience
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.