Your primary role will be to work with our growing CAT Engineering and Analytics team to determine and present BHSI’s view of the catastrophe risk for individual accounts as well as to assist with catastrophe risk assessment for the company’s global property portfolio. Contributions include analysing individual accounts using vendor models and internal tools, assisting with individual underwriting decisions, and accumulation analyses. As a member of the CAT Engineering and Analytics team, you will also work in functional groups to help refine BHSI’s internal view of catastrophe risk. The Senior/Catastrophe Analyst opportunity is in our San Ramon, CA or Boston, MA location and will report to the Lead of US Accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete CAT assessment on individual accounts using vendor models and internal tools
- Explain CAT modelling concepts and results to underwriters to inform risk decisions
- Conduct periodic training for underwriters
- Work with team to incorporate BHSI’s view of risk into CAT modelling tools and platform
- Provide guidance to India account modelling operations
- Help to improve account evaluation process and tools
- Effective written and oral communication skills in reaching both technical and non-technical audiences
- Skilled in analysis and critical thinking
- Detail oriented with the mindset to validate results, question inconsistencies, present possible alternatives, and back up opinions
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and multi-location team
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Engineering or Meteorology; Advanced degree is preferred
- Experience with AIR Touchstone and database management preferred; AIR or RMS experience required for Senior Catastrophe Analyst.
- Experience in SQL and understanding of AIR or RMS data structure preferred
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.