Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Property Claims Examiner to join their dynamic claims team in their Boston office. Position will be responsible for handling and adjusting all facets of property claims, as well as collaborating with underwriting on claims decisions as well as marketing to clients. We are seeking candidates with a high level of technical skill as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Managing and adjusting first party commercial property claims impacting primary, shared and layered market programs and excess policies.
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Collaborating and working well with the insured, broker and TPA in the handling of claims.
- Analyzing and drafting coverage letters and communicating coverage positions.
- Conducting, coordinating, and directing investigation of claims.
- Directing and closely monitoring assignments to experts and independent adjusters.
- Evaluating information on coverage, liability, and damages to determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the company.
- Setting reserves within authority and/or making claim recommendations concerning reserve changes.
- Traveling to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
- High degree of specialized and technical competence in the handling of first-party commercial property claims.
- Minimum of 3-10 years property claim handling experience.
- College degree and/or J.D. preferred.
- Ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Technical competence in all aspects of first-party commercial property claims with particular emphasis on customer service.
- Experience handling first party commercial property claims in multiple jurisdictions is preferred, but not required.
- Holds active adjuster licenses in multiple jurisdictions; preferred, but not required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.