Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Claims Portal Engineer to join its Information Technology team in Boston, MA. BHSI is leveraging Mendix, a ‘low-code’ configurable platform for its Claim Portal and is looking to expand our use of the product to implement various solutions to support our Global Claims operational needs. We are looking for a developer with experience working with integrated applications. Have big picture understanding with knowledge of how multiple applications and enterprise level architecture work in concert. Someone comfortable communicating with various technical resources regarding technical architecture of various integrated platforms, applications and IT disciplines.
• Actively participates on projects, working with the Product Owner and Lead Developer to complete product development tasks.
• Collaborates with all teammates on design and development tasks.
• Contributes to the team by analyzing, developing, testing, documenting, and maintaining high quality software solutions as required.
• Responsible for meeting project milestones and for completing time bound items/stories.
• Follows established structures and guidelines for deliverables.
• Learn, follow, apply, and adapt agile software development techniques, methodologies, and processes.
• Responsible for contributing, receiving, and acting upon constructive feedback for continuous process, product, and self-improvement.
• Works with Technical Support to reproduce and resolve customer issues as required.
• Provides technical knowledge to enhance overall product performance, usability, aesthetics, and consistent pattern compliance.
• Conducts code reviews and perform component, visual, functional, and automated testing.
• Work on GUI/low code coding platform with C# or Java customizations.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 2-4 years development experience with C Sharp and or Java. Successful candidate will have strong experience and can architect solutions.
• Logic minded problem solver.
• Prior experience building direct to consumer and portal sites.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.