A strong, trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers around the globe. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals with excellent capabilities and character. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Collections Specialist to join our Boston based Operations team. In this newly created role, the Collections Specialist will be responsible for working with and through our offshore business process partner, and will oversee all invoicing, collections and outstanding premium receivables/payables for BHSI worldwide.
The Collections Specialist will work closely with our offshore partner, our underwriting teams, and our business partners including Program Administrators in managing collections and receivables.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure collection functions are uniformly applied across all BHSI regions
• Routinely interface with offshore staff on day to day receivable issues including overdue accounts; train new teammates as warranted and continually provide guidance on billing and collection matters
• Review and distribute aging reports, analyzing results to ensure they are within company expectations and driving action to address any negative trends
• Work with Multinational Collection Specialist to assist with coordinating activities across the regional offshore teams and to assist/back up during peak processing periods and absences
• Assist with global development of Accounts Receivable Management System
• Oversee Direct Bill processes between Program Administrators and our offshore team
• Elevate collection issues per internal guidelines
• Liaise with all BHSI regional teams on local collection issues
• Liaise with other Berkshire Insurance carriers on receivable and cash reporting
• Continually seek process improvement with broker partners and our offshore team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in personal and commercial insurance, with non-admitted experience a plus
• Excellent mathematical skills
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Experience with multi-national collections a plus
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Eagerness to work in a diverse cultural environment
• Willingness to connect with international teammates beyond normal business hours
• Attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
• Ability to work within a Team Environment
• BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
• A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP