A strong, trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers around the globe. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals with excellent capabilities and character. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Program Manager within their Commercial Programs team in the Boston office location. We are seeking a teammate who is hard working, intelligent, passionate, and who is always striving towards excellence. Program underwriting experience is desired, but we are also open to those with 10+ years of Casualty and/or Property underwriting experience.
Candidates must have the ability to work both independently and to collaborate broadly with all levels and underwriting disciplines. The candidate must also have the desire to learn key aspects of insurance company operations that support the program business, working with numerous departments including Actuarial, Legal, Claims, IT and Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Commercial Program Manager is responsible for being versed in the use of admitted and non-admitted products underwritten by this organization. The day to day responsibilities of this role will include assisting in the management of commercial programs. Included in this is the application of underwriting expertise in commercial lines of business including General Liability, Property, Automobile, Professional Liability, Crime, Inland Marine, and Umbrella. The role will include interaction with numerous staff departments including actuarial, claims, legal, operations and IT, all of whom participate in the oversight of the program business.
• Key job functions will include the following:
• Develop underwriting guidelines for assigned programs
• Establish and develop Program Administrator (PA) relationships
• Establish and monitor performance metrics for assigned programs
• Perform underwriting audits on designated Programs
• Develop and recommend guidelines to monitor program results
• Help build infrastructure to manage and monitor programs
• Collaborate with Operations and Legal Departments to develop operational and compliance standards
• Collaborate with Actuarial to develop pricing and monitor profitability
• Collaborate with Legal on contracts and policy forms and endorsements
• Collaborate with Claims on Third Party Administrator (TPA) relationships
• Work directly with PAs and TPAs on assigned programs
• Coordinate all communication between carrier departments and program administrator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Understanding of policy construction, casualty coverages, regulatory requirements and policy issuance
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven attention to detail
• Must be proactive and able to work within a team environment
• Ability to support and enhance workflow and process
• Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Strong competency in MS Office applications
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
• A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP