BHSI has an exciting opportunity for a Complex Claims Director in our New York Office. Complex Claims Director will independently handle a diverse pending of complex, high severity large account claims underwritten out of the Financial Institutions, Commercial (i.e., Public Company) and Transactional teams, focusing mainly on FI E&O, D&O, Fiduciary, Fidelity and Reps & Warranties claims. Candidate must have extremely strong technical and analytic skills, as well as above average interpersonal skills, as this role will have a high level of interaction with customers, brokers, outside counsel (defense and coverage), mediators, underwriters, actuaries and senior management.
- Independently evaluates information on coverage, liability, and damages to determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the company, with limited assistance from outside counsel
- Attend mediations of complex claims on behalf of the company
- Duties may include, but are not limited to: proactively handling claims from first notice of loss through ultimate resolution, working and advising internal partners on claims, developing a proactive plan of action for ultimate resolution, obtaining budgets and meeting with clients, counsel and brokers.
- Provides outstanding customer service and technical expertise; works well with the insured, broker and underwriters in the handling and adjudication of claims.
- Analyze and draft coverage letters as appropriate and communicates complex coverage positions effectively.
- Drafts reports, and makes recommendations concerning reserve changes.
- Travels to conferences, mediations, and client meetings as necessary.
- Minimum of 8-10 years claim handling experience in FI/D&O.
- JD required
- Excellent interpersonal communications and strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.