Independently handle a diverse mix of complex claims consisting of D&O, EPL, and fidelity claims underwritten out of the Private Company and Not-for-Profit unit, and E&O and cyber claims underwritten out of the Professional Liability unit. Pending will be more heavily weighted to the EPL and D&O claims. Candidate must have extremely strong technical and analytic skills, as well as above average interpersonal skills, as this role will have a high level of interaction with customers, brokers, outside counsel (defense and coverage), mediators, underwriters, actuaries and senior management.
Essential Job Functions:
• Independently evaluates information on coverage, liability, and damages to determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the company, with limited assistance from outside counsel.
• Assign and proactively manage defense counsel on duty-to-defend policies. Attend mediations of complex claims on behalf of the company.
• Duties may include but are not limited to: proactively handling claims from first notice of loss through ultimate resolution, working and advising internal partners on claims, developing a proactive plan of action for ultimate resolution, obtaining budgets and meeting with clients, counsel and brokers.
• Provides outstanding customer service and technical expertise; works well with the insured, broker and underwriters in the handling and adjudication of claims.
• Analyze and draft coverage letters as appropriate and communicates complex coverage positions effectively.
• Drafts reports and makes recommendations concerning reserve changes.
• Travels to conferences, mediations, and client meetings as necessary.
• Minimum of 5-7 years claim handling experience in EPL and Private Company D&O.
• JD required
• Excellent interpersonal communications and strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.