Who are we?
Berxi is a fast-growing start-up operating within Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance. We’re all about connecting with our customers and finding new ways to reduce the friction typically associated with small commercial insurance. If you constantly strive for excellence and want to work with a collaborative and energetic team – then Berxi is for you.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
The Creative Director is the leader of a small, but growing team and is responsible for the overall quality and consistency of all creative and design projects within the Berxi brand. This role requires attention to creative output, as well as a strong understanding of operations. While having the skills to design well (on your own) is an important quality in a creative leader, we’re looking for a teammate that can effectively take stock and know when to delegate or when to jump in.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with the Director of Marketing, help shape Berxi’s overall brand, creative and campaign strategy
- Serve as the team’s creative leader; continuously drive creative and operational excellence across the team, optimizing ways of working and ensuring strategic alignment to maximize the business value of all creative deliverables
- Oversee the end-to-end creative process — from concept to production — across all Berxi’s creative needs (including website, landing pages, presentations, collateral, digital and print advertising, email, photography, video, social media and events of all sizes) and serve as the central lens monitoring all expressions of the brand to ensure a consistent and effective representation of Berxi in the market
- Working with stakeholders across the organization (along with external partners), offer insight and strategic input to help identify campaigns and collateral needed to meet business goals
- Ensure Berxi is represented in-market with design that is thoughtful, effective and beautiful by being a champion of design, problem-solving and communication
- Manage the Product Design team to ensure the digital product expresses the brand effectively through visuals, correct tone of voice and overall customer experience
- Prioritize work and provide strategic input; Effectively collaborate across teams to get the greatest leverage, quality and output
- Working with the Manager of Creative Operations, develop processes and standards across Creative and Marketing teams, including planning, project management platform use, server organization and software/hardware selection
- Work with outside agencies to ensure the brand maintains consistency and relevance in our current markets, as well as new markets as the business expands
- Lead the growth of a top-notch design team and identify and select both vendor and agency partners where needed
- Hire, manage and cultivate the career development of team members, including product designers, graphic designers, art directors, copywriters, photographers, web developers and interns/co-ops
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior creative director or comparable role
- Proven experience managing a team
- Be highly organized, with the ability to shift gears quickly and frequently
- Expertise working with design files (and manage projects) for both print and digital needs
- Handle final production on print and digital projects
- Understanding of UI/UX and how to effectively apply a brand to digital products
- Guide, refine and edit copy for meaning, tone and brand consistency
- The ability to be your own project manager: prioritize, communicate, delegate, deliver
- Coordinate — and collaborate — with outside agencies and vendors
- Provide clear, direct input to both internal and external writers, creatives and production vendors
- Estimate the hours/dollars involved in a project
- Effectively work and communicate with teammates within a project management platform
- In-house creative leadership experience highly preferred
- Be an expert communicator, both in person and written
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up team environment
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.