Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berxi is a fast-growing start-up within Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance. We set out to build a modern, customer-focused, digital platform to help professionals and small businesses buy and manage insurance smarter and faster – all which saves them time and money.
You will provide exceptional service to existing Berxi customers and prospective customers and drive growth through voice, chat and email. We’re looking for problem solvers who are advocates for our customers and the Berxi brand. Product Specialists contribute directly to improving the Berxi experience by providing ongoing Voice of Customer and user experience feedback to Berxi’s Product, Marketing and Underwriting teams.
You will be part of a team that is focused on exceeding customer expectations and helping build the Berxi business. We don’t obsess over average call handle time; instead, we focus on doing the right thing for the customer. We empower you to solve the customer’s problem on the first interaction while delivering a personal, empathetic experience. We are looking for intelligent, customer focused individuals looking to do something different in insurance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Educate and assist customers and prospects directly through a variety of channels, including voice, chat and email
- Guide customers on insurance products and coverages based on their individual needs
- Become an expert in the small commercial insurance space, including but not limited to, professional liability and medical malpractice products
- Drive customer experience improvements by continuously surfacing Voice of Customer feedback and operational enhancements across the Berxi team
- Make outbound communications to obtain policy and account information
- Must be able to work the hours of 8AM-4:30PM, 9AM-6PM, or 11AM- 8PM
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to change
- Ability to learn, understand and explain insurance policy concepts and products
- A problem solver that constructively questions processes and procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities in tandem
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Adaptability to varying customer personality types and situations
- Eager to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, start-up team environment
- Background in working directly with customers is required. Insurance experience is a plus, but not required
- Property and Casualty License is preferred, but not required. If not already licensed, you will be required to become a Licensed Insurance Agent upon joining the team (costs will be covered by Berxi)
- Interest in providing customer support via social media is preferable, but not required
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.