Who are we?
Berxi is a fast-growing start-up operating within Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance. We’re all about connecting with our customers and finding new ways to reduce the friction typically associated with small commercial insurance. If you constantly strive for excellence and want to work with a collaborative and energetic team – then Berxi is for you.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value a diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
We’re seeking a Digital Designer to help us build a strong brand and create exceptional digital experiences.
Be a part of a team building Berxi as a distinctive and trusted brand that supports professionals and small business. Day-to-day tasks will vary but may include partnering with the content team to develop an info-graphic for an article, animating html5 banner ads that our brand agency mocked up, brainstorming with the creative director on a brand campaign, or building out a series of HTML emails for our newsletter in Listrak.
Collaborate with internal and external teams to create a variety of communication assets to support marketing and business goals through execution of marketing campaigns, template development, content creation, and hands-on production. Creative problem solving, collaboration, and time management skills are necessary for the success of this role.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about design/marketing, have a curious mindset, and be customer-focused. You’ll also have hands-on experience working in CMS platforms (like Contentful and Builder.io), Figma, Listrak, and Adobe Creative Suite to produce on-brand attention grabbing creative that achieves Berxi’s goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Creative Director, Project Manager, Marketing Team, and Partnership team to develop & design creative campaigns assets to support brand strategy and marketing objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop design solutions that solve customer problems and business goals.
- Communicate concepts through sketches, wireframes, comps/mockups, and interactive protypes as needed.
- Support the conception, creation, design, development, and production of digital assets (site pages, assets, landing pages, emails, digital ads/banners, paid/organic social, and animations). Includes file management and asset delivery. Support the team in creating conceptual and presentation assets.
- Leverage a digital and mobile-first mindset in design and design assets.
- Ensure design and all assets are delivered on time, to spec, on brief and brand.
- Provide a level of excellence in all creative work designed and executed to ensure consistency and cohesiveness.
- Present work directly to key partners, taking ownership of work, feedback, and bringing innovative solutions to the table.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technologies, and developments in the creative and design field and implement them when appropriate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 4-6 years of experience in digital design, web design, advertising, or equivalent.
- Portfolio showcasing previous experience and ability to solve business problems using creativity and design. Your portfolio will be assessed on creative excellence, storytelling, problem-solving, and technical skill.
- Experience in concepting, designing, and developing display ads, emails, and websites/landing pages.
- Ability to think in campaigns (creative strategy) and tactics (execution)
- Software fluency in the latest digital programs and tools: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects), Figma, etc.
- Understanding of the capabilities and best practices relating to the use of front-end web technologies.
- Familiarity with project management software to manage workload.
- Excellent organizational abilities including attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- Thrives in an evolving environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, effective listener.
- Major in Digital Design, Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing, or Design equivalent preferred.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.