Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a self-directed, motivated Director of Global Operations to join our Insurance Operations team in Boston. This role offers broad exposure across all levels of a dynamic and rapidly growing global insurer. We are seeking a hands-on strategic thinker to engage across teams and drive the implementation and management of efficient processes and best practices. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, be able to lead within a collaborative team setting, and thrive in an environment that demands individual accountability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day business as usual insurance operations needs for BHSI’s largest underwriting region, North America
- Serve as primary operations point of contact for BHSI’s Surety underwriting unit globally – support expansion of our Surety capabilities within a global insurance operations framework
- Manage corporate financial reporting processes and procedures across BHSI’s underwriting regions
- Manage various internal Operations metrics reporting and tools
- Drive operational processes to support the integrity of insured, broker, and other party data
- Lead, oversee, and collaborate with a large offshore team in the implementation, execution, and documentation of agreed processes and procedures
- Initiate and lead discussions with stakeholders across the organization to establish efficient, consistent, and scalable operational processes and procedures
- Drive ad hoc report automation, as needed
- Participate as a key stakeholder in strategic initiatives driven by other functions and teams
- Manage special projects between Operations, IT, and other business units within the organization
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- This is not a BA or office management role; at least 5 years of relevant insurance operations experience required
- A strong understanding of the commercial insurance industry required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to independently lead others toward timely resolutions required
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to think strategically required
- Strong time management skills required
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and to shift priorities as dictated by business needs required
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of a culturally diverse global team required
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP