Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for an IT professional with deep skills and experience in the Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance industry, to join our Boston based IT team as an Enterprise Business Systems Analyst.
The Business Systems Analyst is accountable for understanding the business requirements, system processing implications and data needs for a major segment of our organization. The role will partner with both Business leaders and IT resources to translate business needs into system requirements and technical specifications. The scope includes home grown and off the shelf products across multiple domains. These include but not limited to Surety, Programs, Billing and Collections, Operations etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Elicit requirements using interviews, documentation analysis, requirements and workshops.
• Develop business requirement documentation, use cases, mock screen designs and workflow diagrams.
• Organize information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and present information in a manner that business customers can review and approve.
• Coordinate efforts to gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Become an expert in the detailed operation and configuration of the software package selected or application developed.
• Engage in the development and execution of testing plans, document and triage issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Strong business background in Commercial P&C Insurance functions is desirable.
• Proven experience in working with offshore teams and globally distributed users
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Business Systems Analyst Role supporting complex systems development or packaged software implementation efforts.
• Advanced skills in Word, Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables), PowerPoint and Visio (e.g. flow diagrams)
• Quick learner with ability to adapt to changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts and vendor resources.
• Hands on style with strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail.
• Excellent observation and analytical skills, with a keen attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable liaising with remote users and vendors
• Independently motivated with a “team player” mentality with an ability to offer flexibility while maintaining focus on solution delivery
• Experience supervising teams of local and off-shore IT development resources
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP