Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for an IT professional who possesses extensive systems delivery skills and experience within the Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance industry. The role will drive projects from solution definition through design and implementation. Solutions will involve vendor packages and custom solutions developed by our off-shore partner. The role is accountable for the development of new applications along with production support and enhancement for an existing portfolio of applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively manage IT projectswith a high degree of complexity across the BHSI Enterprise, working with key stakeholders on high visibility projects.
- Develop, maintain, and manage to project plans, with full accountability, focusing acutely on solution design and delivery.
- Deliver project results by facilitating efforts across global business segments and global delivery team.
- Follow the Systems Development Lifecycle, developing and maintaining key project documents: project charter, scope, detailed work plans, timelines, issue logs, status reports, Gantt charts, budgets, meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- Actively drive all project participants to solicit their ideas, confirm requirements, communicate commitments and proactively manage expectations
- Act as a mediator and facilitate dialogue when projects hits roadblocks.
- Manage project scope by ensuring changes are clearly defined, discussed, and agreed to.
- Track and report on project milestones, solicit status from team members and provide a consolidated view of project status, schedule, risks and issues.
- Coordinate and collaborate with highly diverse resource teams; onshore, offshore, and vendors.
- Contribute to Enterprise Application roadmap, collaborating with global stakeholders.
- Actively manage applications under support, track and report health status, coordinate with vendor partners and escalate system issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Deep Surety domain expertise.
- Minimum of five years of experience in delivering and overseeing IT service organizations.
- Experience supervising teams of local and off-shore IT development resources.
- Strong technical background with both desire and ability to be hands on throughout the project lifecycle.
- Excellent observation and analytical skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable liaising with remote users and vendors.
- Adept and eager to becoming knowledgeable in the business use of the systems platform implemented.
- Independently motivated with a “team player” mentality; with an ability to offer flexibility while maintaining focus on solution delivery.
- Deep understanding of the Property & Casualty Insurance industry is desirable.
- Need to showcase a balance between good character and capability.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Opens a new window