Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst, who will be accountable for understanding the business requirements, system processing implications and data needs for claims administration systems in our organization. The role will partner with both Business leaders and IT resources to translate business needs into system requirements and technical specifications. This role will require you to work together with the delivery leads to deliver the products that meet and/or exceed our business customer expectations within the claims vertical.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop business requirement documentation, use cases, mockup screen designs and workflow diagrams. Organize information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and present information in a manner that business customers can review and approve
- Elicit requirements using interviews, documentation analysis, requirements, and workshops
- Facilitate and drive project meetings with both business and technology teams. Coordinate efforts to gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Provide functional expertise in the operation and configuration of the Claim applications
- Work with teams that are geographically dispersed and comprised of all disciplines, such as architects, business analysts, developers, and testers
- Provide regular status updates to the stakeholders and escalate issues/risks on time
- Engage in the development and execution of testing plans, document and triage issues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Working experience in software application building or supporting any existing claims administration applications like Duck Creek, Guidewire, Majesco, Insurity, OneShield applications etc. is a PLUS
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an analyst role supporting complex systems development or packaged software implementation efforts
- Experience in working with relational databases, XML files, data analysis and SQL scripting
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills in leading the project team in issue resolution
- Quick learner with ability to adapt to changing environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts and vendor resources
- Hands on style with strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to serve multiple stakeholders across departments
- College degree preferred
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send resumes to HR@bhspecialty.com
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com