Atlanta, GA/Boston, MA/Chicago, IL/New York, NY
Who are we?
A strong, trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers around the globe. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals with excellent capabilities and character. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Professional Liability Underwriter to join their team. We are seeking a candidate to sit in our Chicago, Boston, Atlanta or New York office. This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Underwriter looking to broaden their skills and knowledge by joining a company that aims to do things differently. At BHSI we value extremely thoughtful underwriting as well as smart and engaging collaboration with claims and actuarial. We are seeking candidates with excellent capabilities as well as top notch characteristics to contribute to our team.
The experienced Healthcare Underwriter will be responsible for expanding and developing new business opportunities through production & marketing calls with brokers and customers. Underwriter will utilize underwriting acumen to select sound Healthcare Professional risks with broad opportunity for production across regions and segments including Hospitals, Senior Care & Outpatient. There is also the potential be involved with the launch of BHSI’s new product offering: Admitted Primary Auto for Senior Care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Production Underwriting of Healthcare PL: primary, umbrella, excess, reinsurance
- Broad Professional liability underwriting experience in Healthcare preferred
- Independently conducting broker and insured meetings
- Establishing, developing, and expanding broker relationships across the country
- Learning and selling new healthcare products as they are introduced
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of underwriting/insurance experience
- Position located in Chicago, Boston, New York or Atlanta
- Large account Underwriting and client experience
- Strong underwriting acumen, effective communication and negotiation skills
- Motivated, adaptable, analytical and collaborative
- Proven leadership and record of effective execution
At BHSI we strive for excellence each and every day. We aim to hire the best of the best, both from a capabilities and character perspective. If you are looking to be challenged, to grow your knowledge of Healthcare Underwriting and to be part of a passionate healthcare team and overall insurance company.
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
• A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP