Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance is seeking an Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join our Travel Insurance Information Technology Team. We are looking for an individual who has both an ability to excel and an excellence of character. Our culture is innovative, fast-paced and ever-evolving.
The Infrastructure Systems Engineer is responsible for daily administration of on and off premise datacenter environments. This position will require strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills. Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications. Ability to work and make decisions independently, as well as part of a team. A sense of urgency and personal responsibility. Strong oral and written communication. Strong interpersonal skills. Good phone etiquette and customer service skills. Ability to convert ideas into practical applications. Ability to manage individual and team projects. Advanced knowledge of current information systems and processes including hardware, software and cloud technologies.
• Design, configure, deploy and troubleshoot server, cloud platform services and software.
• Troubleshoot and resolve Software/Hardware/Networking issues.
• Administration of Hyper-V and Azure infrastructure
• Create and maintain documentation for the Infrastructure team and our end users
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision, have excellent customer service skills, and can meet required deadlines
• Work as a member of a team on projects with a focus on team building, while helping the team successfully accomplish project goals within a deadline.
• Work directly with executives and leadership to resolve issues
• Provide Tier 3 desktop application, hardware, and network support for all users, across our global office footprint.
• Provide emergency Help Desk coverage on short notice – carry a cell phone and be expected to respond to off-hour pages.
• Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V hosts and clusters, Microsoft Azure platform services, Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365 services, Windows IIS.
• Microsoft HPC Cluster installation, management, maintenance and application troubleshooting.
• Relational Database management and troubleshooting (Microsoft SQL, Azure SQL, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres).
• Experience designing and implementing infrastructure automation components with Microsoft PowerShell.
• Cisco UCS, EMC SAN, Nutanix HPC or other enterprise hardware management
• Insurance Risk Analytics and/or Risk Modeling environment support experience desired
• Knowledge of RHEL and Ubuntu production support.
• Knowledge of networking techniques to maximize flow of information: IP, DHCP, DNS, WAN, LAN, VPN, Active Directory, Network Policies.
• Ability to supervise, lead others, provide direction to team members, and assist with escalations
• Bachelors/Associates degree or 8+ years’ experience in Information Technology field with a focus on Datacenter Systems and Application administration and Hybrid-Cloud production support
• Microsoft Hyper-V or Azure, Cisco certifications preferred but not required
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.