Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an immediate opening for a seasoned IT professional to join its Information Technology team in Boston, MA focused on Quality Assurance. BHSI provides commercial property, casualty, healthcare professional liability, surety, executive and professional lines insurance to global customers. We are implementing a long range technology platform strategy leveraging the Duck Creek for Insurance Suite and are seeking candidates with commercial P&C insurance underwriting or claims IT experience.
The Senior IT QA Analyst is accountable for engaging business users and IT team members throughout the lifecycle of projects and production. The role will actively engage and work with offshore based consulting partners in executing our quality assurance policy and claims activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Play hands on lead role in system integration & regression testing for key initiatives (test planning, design, execution, defect management and reporting).
• Participate in the overall planning and execution of QA Team testing objectives.
• Coordinate testing efforts with internal and external interfaces.
• Engage with business analyst teams to understand new requirements.
• Collaborate with peers and management to develop process standards and/or enhancements to prevent re-occurrence of QA issues.
• Engage with business users to understand workflows and system issues assisting them in solving problems.
• Work closely with off shore testing resources for the purpose of developing and executing test cases.
• Travel to remote offices to engage users in user testing and rollout activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Some business background in Commercial P&C Insurance Underwriting or Claims functions.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in QA Roles supporting complex systems development or packaged software implementation efforts.
• Prior experience with DuckCreek Policy or Claims is an advantage.
• ISO expertise is a plus.
• Knowledge of defect system such as Jira, Quality Center or any other defect tool.
• Expert in working with globally distributed teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts and vendor resources.
• Hands on style with strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail.
• College degree preferred.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.