Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned IT professional to join its Information Technology team in Boston, MA focused on Quality Assurance. The Data Warehouse Quality Assurance Test Lead (DW QA TL) is accountable for engaging business users and IT team members throughout the lifecycle of projects and production. The role will actively engage and work with offshore based consulting partners in executing our quality assurance activities. We are in process of building out of an EDW leveraging Azure and MSFT based technologies for the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The key focus areas for this test lead role will be in support of Data Warehousing& downstream reporting
- Play hands on lead role in system integration & regression testing for key initiatives (test planning, design, execution, defect management and reporting).
- Participate in the overall planning and execution of QA Team testing objectives.
- Coordinate testing efforts with internal and external interfaces.
- Engage with business analyst teams to understand new requirements. Provides value added analysis and recommended follow-up action in support of the business needs
- Work with peers and management to develop process standards and/or enhancements to prevent re-occurrence of QA issues.
- Engage with business users to understand workflows and system issues assisting them in solving problems.
- Work closely with off shore testing resources for the purpose of developing and executing test cases.
- Travel to remote offices to engage users in user testing and rollout activities as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in QA testing involving planning & execution.
- College degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in ETL/ Data warehouse backend testing and reports testing.
- Extensive experience in developing SQL scripts to validate the databases tables and reports data for backend database testing. Proficient in troubleshooting database issues and experienced in using performance monitor/profiler to solve dead locks/ long running queries. Strong knowledge of SSRS, SSIS and SSAS.
- Hands on experience with BI tools like Tableau, Power BI.
- Experience working in Agile projects.
- Extensive experience in developing test strategy for EDW implementation. Candidate for this role must have a strong understanding of E2E software development process, system development lifecycle including E2E testing.
- Extensive experience in development & maintenance of various test plans (QA, UAT).
- Experience in analyzing ETL Mapping documents.
- Good understanding of Commercial P&C Insurance Underwriting or Claims functions is a nice to have.
- Expert in working with globally distributed teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts and vendor resources.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills, creativity and flexibility.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.