A strong, trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers around the globe. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals with excellent capabilities and character. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance is seeking a Product Line Manager to develop and manage our Senior Care book of business in one of our regional offices. The position is part of the Healthcare Professional Liability team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Handle day-to-day responsibilities of a Product Line Manager for our growing senior care book of business.
· Oversee maintenance/updating applications, policy forms, rating tools, underwriting guidelines & education/training for field underwriters.
· Execute our national target account strategy.
· Responsible for national level broker relationships, overseeing distribution strategy, and implementing profitable growth goals.
· Provide national underwriting support to field underwriters for large/complex referral needs.
· Expected to maintain an individual book of business and achieve profitable production goals.
· Oversee the underwriting quality, pricing adequacy, profit & loss of the portfolio.
· Recommend and lead development of supporting product/service platform including the launch of a new auto capability for senior care and coordinating cross-sell efforts with other products.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Combined 8 + years underwriting/claims experience with large senior care/aging services facilities. Product line leadership skills
· Comfortable performing in a production underwriting environment
· Auto liability and managed care experience a plus (not required)
· Training & development of team members across diverse skill sets
· Collaborative approach to working. Effective negotiator
· Project management expertise, particularly for launch of new products and risk management services
· Troubleshooting skills, including with systems & IT.
· Record of effective execution, maintaining profit & high customer retention levels
· Effective presentation and sales skills
· Business Travel approximately 30% of time (possibly more based on need)
· Advanced communication and strategic planning skills
· Meaningful relationships with relevant distribution sources
· College degree required
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
• A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization