Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. As a part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
Berxi is the Small Commercial team within BHSI. We’re all about driving digital innovation in the Small Commercial Insurance space and are focused on leveraging technology to make insurance simple and affordable for professionals and small businesses. If you constantly strive for excellence and want to work with a collaborative, fast paced and energetic team – then Berxi is for you.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
As the Product Manager within our Service & Retention Team, you will become intimately familiar with the evolving business opportunities and strategy of the Berxi Team. You will lead the service & retention product strategy by recommending how we can leverage technology to empower our customers & customer service team, drive digital feature adoption and maximize customer retention & satisfaction.
You’ll lead the new feature intake and prioritization processes, leveraging data and metrics to support your recommendations. Through market exploration & gathering customer feedback, you will become a subject matter expert “SME” in the policy management technology space, understanding best practices and new ideas taking place in the insurance and e-commerce industries and applying them to our strategy and product plans. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the ‘post-sales’ product roadmap and ensuring the team is aligned to the highest impact work. You will work closely with product, engineering, design, customer service, underwriting and other business stakeholders to bring industry-leading tools, systems and experiences to market — from concept, all the way through testing, launch and adoption stages.
This role is both strategic and technical and will lead to significant business impact.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Champion our strategic business objectives, product strategy and KPIs of the Service & Retention Product Area
- Create & maintain the “Service & Retention” product roadmap, leveraging data and metrics to support recommendations
- Translate product strategy to execution, thinking through operational and executional considerations and constraints
- Own the communication to business stakeholders on your product strategy, roadmap, execution and go-to-market plans
- Extract learnings through feedback loops to inform product enhancements, commercialization & optimization opportunities
- Engage with end users (Berxi customers, contact center professionals, etc.) conducting research and capturing user feedback first-hand
- Evaluate and manage external partners or vendors needed to bring your product to market
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience and a successful track record of delivering great products
- Familiarity with the full policy life cycle and policy management touchpoints
- Experience defining and executing policy management or customer service product launches (such as policy management systems, billing/payment solutions, renewal journeys, CRMs)
- Strong business and analytical acumen, highly detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, values momentum over perfection
- Self-motivated; superior personal accountability to get the job done; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.