A strong, trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers around the globe. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals with excellent capabilities and character. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
We’re all about driving digital innovation in the Small Commercial Insurance space. Berxi is an insurance startup based in Boston, MA focused on leveraging technology to make insurance simple and affordable for professionals and small businesses, looking to grow our team. If you constantly strive for excellence, and want to work with a collaborative, fast paced and energetic team – then Berxi is for you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Product Manager within our team, you will become innately familiar with the evolving business opportunities of the Berxi team and how we can use technology to create solutions. You will be a core member of our Agile team and work closely with the engineering, underwriting, customer engagement, and customer experience stakeholders to collaboratively prioritize what gets built and when. You will be responsible for gathering feature requirements, writing user stories and testable acceptance criteria, guiding the team throughout the development cycle, and participating in user acceptance testing.
Ultimately, you will be able to see the big picture but also have the curiosity to dig into the nitty-gritty details of how features need to work.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher, in a technical, design or business related field or equivalent experience.
• Proficient in both business strategy and technology.
• Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills.
• Deep understanding of Product Owner’s role in Agile SDLC.
• At least 3-5 years of insurance experience preferred.
• Hungry to learn about the range of business opportunities and technical solutions.
• Team player, comfortable wearing many hats.
• Be able to work collaboratively within an Agile team.
• Adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity.
• Excellent attention to detail, communication, prioritization and organizational skills.
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
• A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP