Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. As a part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
Berxi is the Small Commercial team within BHSI. We’re all about driving digital innovation in the Small Commercial Insurance space and are focused on leveraging technology to make insurance simple and affordable for professionals and small businesses. If you constantly strive for excellence and want to work with a collaborative, fast paced and energetic team – then Berxi is for you.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
As a Product Owner within our team, you will become innately familiar with the evolving business opportunities of the Berxi team and how we can use technology to create solutions. You will partner with the Marketing Technology Product Manager to understand the product roadmap, prioritized feature definition and will be responsible for driving the successful implementation of roadmap items. You will be a core member of our Agile team and work closely with engineering and UX/CX to bring solutions to market that create value for our business and our customers. You will be responsible for gathering feature requirements, writing user stories and testable acceptance criteria, guiding the team throughout the development cycle and participating in user acceptance testing.
Ultimately, you will be able to see the big picture but also have the curiosity to dig into the nitty-gritty details of how features need to work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand strategic business objectives and work with stakeholders to consolidate technical feature requirements
- Work collaboratively with our design & engineering team to bring solutions to market
- Lead a team leveraging agile best practices, such as but not limited to: retros, pointing and grooming sessions
- Write user stories, create diagrams, and document technical decisions
- Contribute new ideas to our roadmap that support the needs of the customer or create value towards our objectives
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of hands-on product ownership experience and a successful track record of delivering great products
- Experience defining and executing martech product launches (such as microsites, CRM, email marketing, SMS marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, or other paid marketing tools)
- Deep understanding of Product Owner’s role in Agile SDLC
- Proficient in both business strategy and technology
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, while also able to keep sight of our broader business objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Hungry to learn about the range of business opportunities and technical solutions
- Team player, comfortable wearing many hats and operating with ambiguity
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP.