Berxi is a fast-growing start-up within Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance. We set out to build a modern, customer-focused, digital platform to help professionals and small businesses buy and manage insurance smarter and faster – all which saves them time and money.
As a Product Specialist, Sales and Service, you’ll provide exceptional service to existing Berxi customers, and prospective customers, and drive growth through voice, chat, and email. We’re looking for problem solvers who are advocates for our customers and the Berxi brand. Product Specialists contribute directly to improving the Berxi experience by providing ongoing Voice of Customer and user experience feedback to Berxi’s Product, Marketing and Underwriting teams.
You will be part of a team that is focused on exceeding customer expectations and helping build the Berxi business.
Why this position is different:
• We don’t obsess over average call handle time; instead, we focus on doing the right thing for the customer.
• We empower you to solve the customer’s problem on the first interaction while delivering a personal, empathetic experience.
• We are looking for intelligent, customer focused individuals looking to do something different in insurance.
What you’ll do:
• Educate and assist customers and prospects directly through a variety of channels, including voice, chat, and email.
• Guide customers on insurance products and coverages based on their individual needs.
• Become an expert in the small commercial insurance space, including but not limited to, professional liability and medical malpractice products.
• Drive customer experience improvements by continuously surfacing Voice of Customer feedback and operational enhancements across the Berxi team.
• Make outbound communications to obtain policy and account information
• Must be able to work the hours of 8AM-4:30PM, 9AM-6PM, or 11AM- 8 PM.
Who you are:
• Comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to change.
• Ability to learn, understand and explain insurance policy concepts and products.
• A problem solver that constructively questions processes and procedures.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong organization and time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities in tandem.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Adaptability to varying customer personality types and situations.
• Eager to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, start-up team environment.
• Background in working directly with customers is required. Insurance experience is a plus, but not required.
• Property and Casualty License is preferred, but not required. If not already licensed, you will be required to become a Licensed Insurance Agent upon joining the team (costs will be covered by Berxi).
• Interest in providing customer support via social media is preferable, but not required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP