Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) is seeking an experienced and talented actuarial student to join our State Affairs team in Boston, MA. The State Affairs team supports BHSI’s admitted platform holistically to ensure profitable and compliant products are built, filed, implemented, monitored, reported and maintained. We are looking for an individual who has a high level of accountability, sense of urgency, attention to detail and excellence of character. Our culture is fast-paced, challenging, ever-changing yet rewarding. This position will be a great fit for an outside-the-box problem solver who is self-motivated, adaptable, positive and collaborative.
This is a range posting and may be filled as a Senior Actuarial Analyst or Associate Actuary depending on experience.
Essential Job Functions:
Ownership, Development and Maintenance of:
• Rating algorithms, rates, and rating plans of new and existing admitted products that ensure BHSI is profitable, compliant and relevant in a rapidly changing competitive landscape
• All supporting filing exhibits, transmittals and objection responses that will secure timely approvals countrywide
• Compliant Excel pricing tools for new/existing products and working with IT to ensure proper system rating and data requirements are created, tested and implemented
• Profitability metrics and reporting including but not limited to rate indications and book monitoring dashboards that proactively gauge the health of the business
• 4+ years of experience
• ACAS or near ACAS
• 1+ year of rate filing / product development experience
• Experience with implementing/validating rating engines
• ISO/AAIS bureau product knowledge is preferred (e.g.: Commercial Auto, Commercial GL, Commercial Property, Inland Marine, Commercial Crime etc.)
• Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills to manage rapidly shifting projects effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to proactively work in a team environment as well as independently
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.