A strong, trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers around the globe. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals with excellent capabilities and character. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) seeking a Senior Application Developer who will be responsible for the design and development of core components of our Claims platform, as we are implementing a long-term technology platform strategy with the Duck Creek policy, claims and billing modules.
The Senior Application Developer role will use their Claims insurance knowledge to independently execute complex programming languages and development tools using Duck Creek Claims Architecture. Candidates must possess significant professional experience and training in information technology and computer programming. These are requirements as the role will lead and implement the analysis, design, modification, and maintenance of application programs, integrated systems, and/or software solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with senior technical resources to interpret and translate business requirements into solution technical designs.
• Actively participate in configuration of the Claims solution. Completing critical configuration activities and solving the most complex problems.
• Develop programming code and software modifications using appropriate languages and tools to provide responsive and innovative solutions, and new functionality in enterprise-wide and/or complex specialized systems.
• Research, design, analyze and evaluate current technical trends, emerging technologies and standards, new software functionality, and alternative software solutions to demonstrate utility, productivity enhancements, and cost savings.
• Create documentation to provide user support for programs and for production/operating procedures.
• Develop, maintain and support the complex Claims components.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Experience in developing technology solutions (3 – 5 years) in support of Commercial Insurance Claim solutions.
• Duck Creek Claims experience is a plus.
• Strong background in P&C Insurance.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, adept at working with remote IT teams.
• A comprehensive understanding of the role of object-oriented systems architecture in creating supportable and extensible systems.
• Experience in developing N-tier enterprise wide applications using ASP.NET, C#, .NET Framework, Web based Technologies, LINQ, and ADO.Net.
• Experience in XML, XSLT, XML Web Services, WCF.
• Experience with Visual Studio 2013 / 2015 and Source Control Systems (TFS, VSTS, Visual Studio Online).
• Experience in SQL Server.
• Experience in Microsoft SSIS Reporting a plus.
• Experience in Stored Procedures a plus.
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
• A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization