Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Application Developer supporting its implementation of the Duck Creek Insurance Platform in our Boston, MA office. We are looking to fill a role for development of major components of our Claims platform. Expectations include, significant professional experience and training in information technology and computer programming in the analysis, design, modification, and maintenance of application programs, integrated systems, and/or software solutions. This is a senior level developer position requiring the ability to complete the most complex development and programming tasks independently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with senior technical resources to interpret and translate business requirements into a solution technical design
- Actively participate in configuration of the Claims solution. Completing critical configuration activities and solving the most complex problems
- Develop programming code and software modifications using appropriate languages and tools to provide responsive and innovative solutions, and new functionality in enterprise-wide and/or complex specialized systems
- Research, design, analyze and evaluate current technical trends, emerging technologies and standards, new software functionality, and alternative software solutions to demonstrate utility, productivity enhancements, and cost savings
- Create documentation to provide user support for programs and for production/operating procedures
- Develop, maintain and support the complex Claims components
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in developing technology solutions in support of Commercial Insurance Claim solutions
- Duck Creek Claims experience a plus
- Strong background in P&C Insurance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, adept at working with remote IT teams
- A comprehensive understanding of the role of object-oriented systems architecture in creating supportable and extensible systems
- Experience in developing N-tier enterprise wide applications (5-7 years) using ASP.NET, C#, .NET Framework, Web based Technologies, LINQ, ADO.Net
- Experience in XML, XSLT, XML Web Services, WCF
- Experience with Visual Studio 2012 / 2013 and Source Control Systems (TFS, VSTS, Visual Studio Online)
- Experience in SQL Server
- Experience in Microsoft SSIS Reporting a plus
- Experience in Stored Procedure a plus
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP