The Senior Business Analyst will engage in a wide variety of projects within our Travel Insurance and Errors & Omissions business lines. This role is central to enhancing and building out technical systems and applications to support business processes and strategic initiatives. A candidate who has a passion for problem solving, is detail oriented, with strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills will be successful in this role.
- Elicit, analyze and document business needs into clear and concise requirements for consumption by developers, testers, project managers, project sponsors and relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with other departments (Underwriting, Claims, Customer Service) in the development and integration of systems that are evolving as the company continues its growth
- Collaborate with architecture and technical leads to design strategic solutions in support of business initiatives
- Serve as lead Business Analyst on large-scale projects and initiatives throughout the software development lifecycle; delegate analysis work and provide direction, guidance and support to contributing BAs
- Participate in project prioritization and selection processes
- Assist in defining and streamlining processes for the BA team and general IT team to support efficiencies throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Technology or related field preferred
- Insurance background preferred, travel insurance background a plus
- At least 5 years of Business Analysis experience, aligned with the globally recognized standard in business analysis, the IIBA BABOK® Guide; certification a plus (CBAP, CCBA, PMI-PBA)
- Experience working on medium-large scale complex projects as Lead Business Analyst
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for digging into the details, while considering big picture and business strategic fit
- Experience with visual modeling to communicate processes, as well as explain complex concepts and relationships
- Familiarity with data models, database structures and general data concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong desire to learn from and share knowledge with teammates
- Effective time management, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to reduce project uncertainty and help team remain productive amid ambiguity and undefined problems/goals
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.