This is a position to design creative ideas that set the tone for service delivery and productivity.
The Sr. Business Process Specialist position helps oversee and facilitate work processes performed by the global claim support teams. The candidate will become knowledgeable of BHSI claims and the operational support processes. As a young, but growing organization, the level of complexity and variation is expanding. The Sr. Business Process Specialist will apply their skills and expertise to manage the productivity, efficiency, and consistency of these processes by applying continuous improvement methodologies and transformative solutions.
In some cases, new processes or functions will be implemented. Opportunities also exist for full end to end review of existing business areas to identify more innovative ways to deliver customer satisfaction and efficiencies. The position responsibility will include managing these implementation cycles with a goal to maintain as much consistency as possible and monitor progress for success.
As an individual contributor, this role requires a self-managing work style that self imposes and adheres to commitments, sets deadlines and can influence, delegate, and manage issues. While areas of opportunity will be assigned, this role is for those who can also identify opportunities on their own.
Essential Job Functions:
• Identify, analyze and document business rules for business process implementations; Perform process mapping, data analysis, root cause analysis of operational inefficiencies and other supporting activities, and interact with people at various levels to understand issues and emerging risks
• Examine processes holistically to understand and manage the impact of changes on people, strategy, applications, and operations
• Monitor, measure and communicate the effectiveness of procedures to ensure consistency and value
• Continuously monitor, evaluate and track processes for adherence to CAPDAN (Consistent As Possible, Different As Necessary) philosophy; Remediate non-standard processes across all claims support teams and regions, including coordination with offshore processing
• Define the relevant KPIs to measure operational effectiveness and ensure they are in place at functional and regional levels
• Engage with leadership to provide updates and analysis results
• Coordinate with claims training/quality assurance on root cause analysis outcomes; Perform defect analysis; identify the process, system, and improvement opportunities
• Work across global regions of the claim teams, share best practices and provide advocacy of and promote operational excellence throughout claims and claims operation teams in relation to associated processes and concepts
• Ensure comprehensive change management programs are in place to implement process optimization initiatives and realize benefits
• Act as claims operations resource for IT system upgrades: facilitate the needs of the operational support teams to coordinate team members and facilitate operations UAT assignments and completion activities
• Minimum 3 years of experience in commercial insurance, preferably in claims
• Minimum 5 years demonstrated project management and process improvement experience
• Lean, Six Sigma or similar certification, accreditation, or comparable
• Proven ability to facilitate new process implementations where there are none, as well as re-evaluate existing processes for new work type variations and/or improvements
• Excellent overall communication skills across cultural diversities; ability to ask probing questions, absorb the information and provide clear feedback to audience
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills in progress towards the business goal and ability to overcome pre-conceived perceptions
• Change champion with ability to build trust and forge positive business relationships
• Technologically savvy; familiar with IT concepts and data
• Business, software and information level analysis capabilities and experience
• Independent and self-managing
• Ability to accommodate some flexible work hours to accommodate global time zones
• Some travel may be required
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.