Do you thrive in a start-up environment? Do you have the business savviness and operational skills necessary to grow a business? Are you looking to come on board and make an immediate impact? If so, you would be a great fit for Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) and we would love to meet you.
As the lead product expert for homeowners business, you will lead and bring to life this new product in the northeast, responsible for all phases of execution. This position will be responsible for the underwriting results and the development and growth of the line of business. You will develop policy pricing, rating tools, forms, underwriting guidelines, applications, and appetite guides.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for product and pricing development
- Create policy forms and product manuals
- Work with insurance partners and state Departments of Insurance to ensure approval of rate and rule filings
- Analyze profitability, growth and business mix trends, and communicate findings along with recommendations to the organization
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the homeowners insurance business
- Experience dealing with state Departments of Insurance, preferably New Jersey and New York
- Experience with personal lines insurance rate-making methodologies and pricing techniques
- Understanding of catastrophe management
- Strong computer skills especially Microsoft office
- Experience with programming languages and databases (e.g., VB, SQL)
Things You’ll Like About BHSI:
- We value and encourage creative thinking & intellectual curiosity
- You’ll have a very clear understanding of how your work matters to the company
- You’ll find interesting new challenges every day
- You’ll be part of a passionate, diverse team with broad skills and interests
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send resumes to HR@BHSpecialty.com
Visit our website at www.bhspecialty.com