Atlanta, GA/Boston, MA/Chicago, IL/Stevens Point, WI
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity that will engage a successful candidate in a wide variety of projects within our Travel Insurance and Errors & Omissions business lines. Our culture is innovative, fast-paced and ever-evolving. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design in an ever-changing environment. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building IT software solutions from the ground up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop unit tests that will confirm code functionality
- Document and maintain software functionality as necessary
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes, and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Work as a productive member of a cohesive team
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and workload management to less senior members of the team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- A working knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, or Postgresql
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (ASP.NET, MVC, TypeScript, Angular JS)
- Experience with cloud computing is desirable, but not required
- Mastery in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology
- 2 or 4 year degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 plus years of experience preferred
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP