Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an immediate opening for a Senior Technical Architect supporting its implementation of the Duck Creek Insurance Platform in our Boston, MA office. BHSI provides commercial property, casualty, healthcare professional liability, surety, executive and professional lines insurance to global customers.
We are looking to fill a role leading the technical architecture and development of major components of our Claims platform. Expectations include splitting time between architecting solutions, hands on configuring and development of complex capabilities and directing the technical configuration work of others. The role will work closely with the BHSI IT leadership team and our vendor partners from requirements through rollout.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the senior technical resources from other employees and external partners, to interpret and translate business requirements into a solution technical designs.
• Actively participate in configuration of the Claims solution. Completing critical configuration activities and solving the most complex problems.
• Analyzes complex technical or systems problems; designs and implements effective solutions.
• Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications for improvements and enhancements.
• Take a leadership role in developing technical scope, approach and implementation estimates.
• Collaborates with the business to ensure proper understanding of the functional needs and how they translate into solution designs.
• Develop overall application architecture and technical design deliverables for the Claim modules.
• Engage in the assignment of work to development team resources, ensuring effective transition of knowledge, design assumptions and development expectations.
• Establish processes that will facilitate the development of an integrated solution by disparate resources (employees and contractors) that will work from different locations.
• Will provide on-call support as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of eight years of experience developing and delivering complex technology solutions.
• Experience in developing technology solutions in support of Commercial Insurance Claim solutions.
• Considered an expert by your peers in architecting solutions and configuring functionality within a Claims platform.
• Guidewire or Duck Creek Claims experience a plus.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, adept at working with remote IT teams.
• Strong background in P&C Insurance.
• Hands on style with strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.