Day-to-Day responsibilities include expand and develop new business opportunities through production & marketing calls with brokers and clients, market to distribution channels, prequalify new business, and utilize underwriting acumen to select sound Construction Professional risks and form opinion of risk.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and grow the Construction Professional book of business which includes primary and excess, practice and project specific Contractors Professional and Protective Liability (CPPI) policy.
• Establish, develop, and expand broker and customer relationships in the West Region. This territory includes California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Hawaii, Alaska
• Work closely with loss control, claims, and legal teams to evaluate risk and provide solutions to customers.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task, and make quick decisions while maintaining underwriting integrity
• Maintain a profitable renewal book
• Travel up to 20% of the time
• 5+ years’ design and/or construction professional underwriting experience
• Strong underwriting acumen
• Existing regional wholesale and retail broker relationships and/or proven ability to develop same
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Strong communication skills including advanced negotiation, communications and presentation experience
• BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.