This Surety Support Analyst position handles a variety of claims support functions. Current core activities include first notice intake and claim creation for Surety, review and enter Surety litigation documents into the claims system and track/monitor litigated matters, review Co-Surety claims and identify BHSI claims and bond numbers to monitor and create tracking reports, create and file Surety correspondence, and maintain various Surety tracking logs. With experience, other functional responsibilities related to Payment Bond claims, handling Surety claims, projects and reporting, compliance, and report analysis will be added. This position plays a visible and interactive role with the claims technical examiners, business partners and external customers. It requires a strong level of attention to detail, commitment to customer service and quality, the ability to communicate technical concepts and to prioritize and handle multiple activities simultaneously.
Our organization is growing. It is important to be flexible and prepared for potential frequent changes as processes continue to mature. We encourage input and contribution to the efficiencies and advancement of the team processes and provide development and experiences for career growth opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Evaluate, review and analyze Surety Bonds compared to new claim loss reports to determine appropriate response including claim creation and appropriate letter to send.
• Understand concepts related to Surety Notices, Co-Surety, Lead Surety, Payment Bond Claims and the appropriate process to follow.
• Acknowledge Surety claims to insureds and brokers in a professional, accurate and timely manner according to account specific guidelines.
• Focus on processing incoming work items within established turn-around times with high quality and accurate data entry.
• Contribute to process efficiencies by providing input from learned procedures and interactions with team.
• Learn and utilize technology for work processing in a changing and evolving environment.
• Working knowledge and understanding of Surety Bonds preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with policy administration systems.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated integrity, passion for excellence, collaboration across functions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Quick learner, flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
• Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities in tandem.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in team environment.
• Proficient working knowledge of Adobe and with Microsoft Office products, particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Desired by Not Required Qualifications:
• Paralegal, Surety, or Surety claim experience
• College Degree
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.