Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer to join its Information Technology team in Boston, MA. BHSI is leveraging Hyland’s OnBase for its global document repository and is looking to expand our use of the product to implement its Workflow solution to support our Global Claim and Underwriting operational needs. We are looking for a solution developer with deep electronic document management experience and workflow development skills. This individual will be focused on the creation, administration and maintenance of multiple workflows supporting the organization.
The Systems Engineer is accountable for configuration of document routing workflows, leveraging metadata to automate multiple business processes. The role will partner with both Business leaders and IT resources to create workflows based on operational system requirements in conjunction with technical and architectural specifications. The role will enhance our document storage technical platform strategy by leveraging the Hyland OnBase suite of tools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Configuration, Administration and Maintenance of document routing workflows to facilitate automation
• Evaluation of document types and keyword values to facilitate workflows
• Reporting and Dashboard Design
• Participate in business ideation, problem solving and solutioning, and Strategic Planning sessions
• Participate in business requirements sessions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Extensive Experience in Workflow Creation and Administration
• Extensive Experience in Electronic Document Management
• Hyland OnBase Advanced Certified Workflow Administrator – OACWA a plus
• Hyland OnBase Work View Certification – OCWC a plus
• Knowledge in Hyland OnBase Administration, Unity Client, Thick Client, Configuration Client, Work View, OnBase Studio and development a plus.
• Strong competence in working with relational databases, XML files, data analysis, SQL scripting, data mapping and system integration.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts and vendor resources.
• Hands on style with strong problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail.
• Experience with Microsoft products including Outlook
• Insurance Industry Operational Experience a plus
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.