Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance is looking for a talented Executive & Professional Lines underwriter in their Chicago office. Tasks will include but are not limited to developing broker relationships, prequalifying new business opportunities, managing existing portfolio of business, and growing a book of business in the Midwest and West regions. Underwriter will be actively involved with Sr. Management in building of the platform and product offering.
Handle day-to-day responsibilities as a Financial Lines Production Underwriter. Tasks will include marketing to distribution channels, prequalifying new business, utilize underwriting acumen to select sound underwriting risks and form opinion of risk. Expand and develop new business opportunities through production & marketing calls with brokers and clients.
• 5+ years’ experience underwriting large commercial risks within the Financial Institutions sector
• Experience marketing to large, specialized brokers
• Proven Client Development experience
• Strong underwriting acumen.
• Experience in loss sensitive rating techniques.
• Ability to work within a Team Environment.
• Must be entrepreneurial.
• Strong communication skills including advanced negotiation, communications and presentation experience
• Willing to travel
• Strong collaboration and team building skills
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.