A strong, trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers around the globe. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals with excellent capabilities and character. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berxi is a fast-growing start-up within Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (“BHSI”). We set out to build a modern, customer-focused, digital platform to help professionals and small businesses buy and manage insurance smarter and faster – all which saves them time and money.
We’re aiming to offer an experience that emphasizes performance, accessibility, and consistency – all aimed at making the insurance process simple, smart and fast for professionals. This is an opportunity to come in as a research & design leader to help shape the experience for our customers – from brand awareness through years of renewals.
As a UX Researcher, you’ll be a relentless champion of the customer, representing their voice in our discovery, definition, and development process across all touch points, ensuring we deliver the value we promise. You’ll serve as the steward of the customer journey while balancing technology constraints and business goals to create designs that improve business results and customer experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Customer-obsessed mindset, able to create and deliver a customer experience across channels that will turn customers into brand champions.
• Ability to run end-to-end design research leading to the implementation of intuitive experiences that engage and delight – including strategy, user research, prototyping, interaction and visual design.
• Comfort shaping the customer experience across multiple channels (e.g. web, phone, email, chat, etc).
• Conduct and collaborate with product design to understand customers’ pain points and areas for improvement and develop enhancements based on the results/analysis.
• Take customer insights (both qualitative and quantitative) and translate them into a recommendation for customer experience enhancements.
• Create rapid iterations of visual and/or storyboard concepts.
• Collaborate on designs and contribute to a growing “design culture” at BHSI.
• Knowledge of best practices and emerging trends in the design and innovation spaces.
• Ability to quickly grasp goals and requirements from light specifications.
• Familiarity with scrum/Kanban led software development.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills (both technology and non-tech stakeholders).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role or trajectory.
• Advanced skills in user research, product design, and usability evaluation.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher.
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
• A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Clicking apply will direct you to our recruiting module within ADP